Sunday, September 09, 2007

Our First Baby Shower


My Aunt Sue threw a family Baby shower for us this past Saturday just outside of Moncton. It was stiffling hot! In the pictures I look even more bloated than normal! Despite that though we had a good time and got some really adorable things for Baby B. and lots of yellow! I love baby's in yellow!


Some highlight gifts were definitly the blanket my Mom made for the baby. It is beautiful and unique and perfect if it's really cold, or you have to lay the baby down on a floor somewhere 'cuse it's thick too, or wrap it up toasty. It's one of those inverted quilt things where the ends are all snipped on the outside, but made with flannel. It's great, and it smells wonderful! I can't wait to wrap little Baby B in it and tell him or her how much his or her Grammie in Elgin loves him or her-- a like a warm hug from Grammie!


Another favorite was the most beautiful bonnet, sweater and booties my Nannie made for the baby. It is a cream colour and so gorgeous I can't wait to put it on the baby. It really is so beautiful and will be picture perfect...and so soft! Of course it was made with love from my Nannie so it is even more special. It is one of those pieces that will be kept lovingly forever!


My sister Angela, Adam & Kaitlyn gave us a neat basket from the heart with things that Angela found worked great with Kaitlyn. There was bedtime bath and lotion, a little bear blanket, some bum cream and 2 CD's of lullabys. Do you detect a theme?


My other sister April, & Trevor gave us a hilarious book called the Baby Owner's Manuel! I guess we won't be able to give this baby the excuse that he or she didn't come with a manuel! it is set up in a way that the baby is like a piece of equipment or something....really too hilarious! And a handful of cute bibs.


I obviously can't get into describing each item, but those were some definite favorites! One more shower next week at the church, and then we'll finish tackling the baby's room and getting everything all set up for the big day when we can bring this little one home!

No comments: