Saturday, September 01, 2007

Just being stupid

Today Chad & I headed off to Houlton to pay that blasted bill of ours! But I was actually excited because we were picking up the rest of the Baby's wall boarder and some presents we had bought in the states. We started off at the market (which is always a good idea on a Saturday morning) and was it ever packed out! We did stand in line for the samosa's this time around, because I'd been craving veggie samosa's for weeks! Unfortunatly the vender I prefered to get the veggie ones from is no longer there. :( Chad also tried the kettle corn (which is realitivly new to the market) and it is really really good!

So we headed out, did some shopping and hoping for a rocker at Mardens and Walmart but no such luck this time around, so we came home and took a NAP. My how I LOVE naps now that I'm pregnant. Of course my nap would be better qualified as a sleep, but it was still great. And I woke up happy to be alive. That's one thing I've found about pregnancy,I really need my sleep and food when I'm hungry. If I skip out on either, I get really really down and just don't even want to exist! Chad has picked up on this as well and he is quite accomodating in trying to ensure neither of these things happen. Also, if I'm in one of these slumps, he's usually the first to suggest and remind me that I probably need some food or a nap-- good ol' hubby of mine!

Anyway, after the nap, Chad & I had decided for our long weekend festivities we were going to splurge and get some good steak (non of this marinate-drowning and simmering stuff) and corn on the cob (cuse I've been longing for this for weeks now!). And I must say it was one of the finest meals we've had in a long time. Both of us were groaning and moaning our way through this one! YUM!

After supper Chad returned to his sermon for tomorrow, and I remembered there was this shelf on sale at Walmart this week and if I wanted it I had to get it tonight. So I headed over. Of course, being the last day of the sale, they were all gone, but I got this brain wave that I would drive over to the new Walmart on the Northside and see if there was one over there, because of course there are less students over there sucking up all the shelves! So I headed over, feeling kinda smart. I got on to Brookside Drive, and suddenly I was ENTIRELY confused! I could see Sobeys and Zellers, even that Roxy place, but no Walmart. I'd been over to this new Walmart one other time and I knew it was here...so I drove around slowly...still no Walmart. So I start to panic a bit. My cell phone was dead so I'd left it at home so I couldn't call Chad....and I was starting to wonder if I was having one of those pregnant moments, and maybe I shouldn't even be driving! Feeling really confused and weird I headed for home, but the entire time before I got to the bridge I kept thinking I was missing something and I should turn around. There was no exit for anywhere other than that Pizza Delight, and then Brookside Drive coming back over, so again I thought I was having a Harry Potter moment, and maybe the Walmart had just disappeared.

Anyway, I got home in one piece, and Chad came out to help me with the shelf that I hadn't picked up, and I explained to him how strange an experience I'd had (I was on the verge of tears, feeling stupid and wondering what was going on, and feeling like I was missing something). Of course he filled me in that, you can only get to the "special" street the Walmart is on, going towards Brookside Drive, but it is before that. He tried to acknowledge my feelings by saying that must be frustrating, and he tried to make me feel better explaining how you could only see the exit from one side and that I'd only ever been there one other time in the dark...but I remain feeling stupid and a touch frustrated. So I crawled in my pj's and poured myself some nice hotchocolate to soothe myself, but everytime I took a sip I would start this coughing, gagging fit! hands raised for women who know coughing fits and nearly 8 months pregnant don't go so well together! anyway, lets just say I think it's about time I call it a day and take my sorry self to bed!

There was a day, I even remember it, when I considered myself a rather intelligent being!

No comments: