Friday, September 21, 2007

The Garganteous Baby Shower

We had our church shower Saturday, and there really aren't words to express it other than crazy, overwhellming...over the top....

It was fun which was the prerequisite for me, none of these boring baby showers! Anyway, there were over 100 people show up, coming and going at different times. We started the "show" off with Pictionary boys against girls, this was absolutely hilarious with the girls winning of course, but I must admit the boys drawings were really really...interesting.

Then the girls showed off by winning the diaper races. In pairs we had to diaper a doll each with one had behind the back. Again, it was fun and people were really into it, so that was cool!

Then came the gift marathon, and honestly it was really just way too much to soak in! I mean sometimes a person says that but this time it was really true. The mounds and mounds of gifts, the tons of people...I was exhausted and about halfway through I just couldn't really do it anymore. Chad kind of took over and I did more watching at that point. Our families and the real keeners stayed till the end, 5pm, when we finally finished working through them all. Mom came up to me after and mentioned I looked exhausted. I told her I thought "I just needed to go home and have a good" and before I could say "cry" the tears started. Too much.

Thanks to Grampy's van we got all of the loot home and in the livingroom, and within an hour of being in my own home with my family I was feeling good again. But wow, what a mound of stuff. Chad & Adam (my brother in law) put the crib & dresser together which was really exciting, and Kaitlyn and Dad kept us entertained in ways that only they can do.

It was late when everyone packed it up to head for Moncton but the nursery was nearly together, well at least the big furniture, the mounds of gifts were still in the livingroom in piles, but the nursery was starting to take shape. As I watched my family pull out of the driveway, from our doorway, my heart swelled, honestly with all of the love and kindness of all the church folks, what meant the most to me, was having my family around me, in my home, in my life here in Freddy, how I miss not having them here sharing my regular living, what a treat for me!

No comments: