Saturday, November 25, 2006

Turkey Hunting


Well Happy American Thanksgiving to all you Yankee's out there! Chad and I celelbrated a little yankee thankee of our own last monday and drove down to Houlton ME to pay our US student loan and go turkey hunting. Americans have amazing deals on frozen turkeys just before their Thanksgiving and we certainly found a deal. I must admit I got just a tad excited when we rounded the bend in the grocery store and there was the largest turkey I had ever seen. It was massive. One big 25lb frozen bird for just $16.00--Wow! Chad kept saying "Heidi that one is really big...we could get one smaller..." but I kept insisting this was the one for my parents! Chad thought they probably didn't have a roaster that size, so we ran out in the cold to a pay phone and called home.

"Mom! It's Heidi, how big's your turkey roaster?"

"What?"

"Your turkey roaster, how big is it? How big a turkey do you want?"
"Are you in Houlton?"

"Yup, I found one that's 25lbs!"


I was so excited. We did get one for ourselves as well, a more reasonable 14lber, and we'll cook it up sometime after Christmas in the dead and boring winter months for a treat.


Successful turkey hunters!

No comments: