Sunday, November 26, 2006

Christmas Advent Basket


Today my Mom, Dad, Nanny and Grampy joined Chad and I at Swiss Chalet for the Festive special at lunch after church. It is always such a treat when they come up to visit even if it is just for a couple of hours. I love having them around, and each time they leave I feel some regret at living 2 hours away. Yes, it's still much closer than many, but even just being a few hours away you miss out on so many things, no dropping by after work, no stop in suppers, or meeting everyone at the Santa Claus parade. Anyway, making me long to have them closer was not the point of their visit.


The POINT, was to bring Chad and I up a Christmas Advent basket, all wrapped, each day starting December 1st we get to open one gift, and it is lableled. So the fight will be on to see who gets to open each gift. So now they sit, staring at me from across the living room, begging me to touch them, shake them, feel them and it is taking every bit of self control I have to not go over and do all those things, well that and the fear that I might just figure out what one of the things are, spoiling the fun for myself. How fun! I will keep you updated on what special Christmas treats we get!


AND Mom & Dad, Nanny & Grampy brought up all of our Christmas gifts from the Moncton area. Goodness our living room certainly looks like Christmas is coming now! Mom was afraid we might not be able to get down at all before Christmas and couldn't bare the thought of us not having our gifts from them Christmas morning. So they too, stare at me from across the living room, begging me to touch them, shake them, feel them....they are pretty, I wonder what they are...


Chad & I are staying in town this Christmas. We decided last year running to each family's Christmas was too hard and we didn't feel like we had one of our own. So we will do our Christmas Eve services, and create our own traditions, meeting up with Chad's family around noon Christmas Day, and going down to Moncton to visit for a few days after the craziness has settled down. Sounds like a plan at least, we'll see how we make out.

No comments: