Friday, November 03, 2006

The Novel

So it's true. I've embarked on a new mission, one I've always wanted to do, yet needed a deadline and it has been provided. I've always wanted to write a novel, even started one a while back, but never got around to finishing it as there was no deadline, and I'm a kind of girl who loves a good deadline. Then a good 'ol friend of mine, Vicki, sent me a link to this online web page that gives you a deadline for writing a novel, she is setting out on this adventure as well. the point is to write 50,000 words in the month of November. Ambitious. The goal is to focus less on amazing quality and more on just pushing something out. So I thought, of all the times in my life when I might have the opportunity to pull this thing off-this would be the time! I don't have full time work, I don't have children, I can leave some of my household responsiblities for another day. Lets give it a shot. So I am. If I can figure out how to link you folks to it, you can check up on my progress from time to time. Wish me luck!

You can check out my progress, and grab an excerpt here if you're really bored today:
http://www.nanowrimo.org/userinfo.php?uid=168361

No comments: