Sunday, October 01, 2006

Happy October 1!

Well, it's October. Hard to believe in someways. Wow I feel better though! What a crazy few months I had. Change. I always thought I liked change, but maybe it's just busy change and various opportunities that I like so much... Not sure.

I have been working again. Getting several days of supply work each week. I would like more for sure, but I'm not sure how much I can expect this early in the school year. Teachers are still doing their darndist to stay in class at this point in the year. I wish I had some talent or ability, some way to still be around when Chad's church schedule allows him to be home, but helps me generate a bit of extra income too.... hum, the brains'a burnin for ideas....

Seems things have been really busy lately. Chad & I are really excited to start hosting Smythe Street Cathdral's first ever Marriage Course! At this point we have 27 couples signed up to take the course. Content is intense, but I'm really excited about the wide variety of couples' experiences those registered represent. We have everything from couples married just around a year like Chad and myself, to couples married 50+ years! I am so interested to hear their evaluations when the course finishes up!

I hear rumor of Hurricane Isaac touching down in the Maritimes tomorrow. Should be interesting. Although I pray no harm come to anyone, at the same time I am excited to see Nature's outburst! I guess it is the same fascination I have for thunder and lightning. When many are cowering under beds and away from windows, unplugging appliances, I am usually nosed pressed to the window pane, or sky gazing from the deck, 1 1000, 2 1000, 3 1000, waiting for that snap of illumination, or crack resonating through your body down to your toes. Fascinating.

No comments: