Monday, October 23, 2006

The Visit

Mom & Dad came up to visit this past weekend. It was great. They arrived around 6pm Friday and we visited for a minute before heading off to the good Ol' Diplomat for supper. We hadn't had the presence of mind to call ahead and book reservations so we walked over to the Delta gift shop and checked out some lovely things. Ah to be able to charge $4.50 for a chocolate. That your clothing would cost more than $5.00 on sale at Suzy Sheir. The finer things, are nice, and capture my attention, but I don't leave feeling empty-- thanks goodness! I wonder how many people who can afford those things leave feeling empty with their hands full?

We ate way way too much-- and I wonder why I have weight issues! Anyway the conversation was great. It's been a long time since we've just sat down with my parents and talked when it wasn't about weddings, baby's accidents etc. It was so nice.

We came home and sat around for a bit, groaning about how much we ate and Mom helped me put the finishing touches on my poncho. And then I started getting ready for my interview and getting nervous so Chad suggested we'd be better off if we went to bed. I agreed and we all got in a great sleep.

Next morning I got my sandwiches together for the Baby shower and then we headed off with Mom & Dad and their friends to show off Freddy's best Downtown Market. Everyone enjoyed the experience despite the very cold and windy weather.

Chad & I split off from them and headed up to the church to prepare for the most fun baby shower. I always get a bit nervous that people won't show or there will be no food. But it was great! People showed up, there was more than enough food and on top of it all--get this--people really honestly had fun! Bonus :)

Things wrapped up really quickly and we headed home for a nap and an evening sitting around watching me put together my stuff for my interview (not that I'm anal retentive at all). Mom & Dad dropped by to say goodbye and head home. A short visit, but a nice one.

Then there was Sunday, full and exciting as usual. but that is another post.

No comments: