Thursday, October 12, 2006

and it's only just begun.....and it's only just begun!

Wow, what a busy week! and it's only just begun (the business that is). I could begin by recounting all the crazy business of the last two weeks for you (vow renuals, Thanksgiving traditions, Sunday services, the Marraige Course, Supply Teaching, Chad's rediculous schedule at the church these last few weeks, but honestly I'm not sure that would accomplish anything other than get me all flustered and feeling more exhausted then I already do.

Chad & I just returned from Holten where we go monthly to pay some $$ down on our US debt Chad accrued at school in the States, and on the way there we found the sweetest little spot on the river. 1.5 acres off the old highway, right on the water. We thought it would be so beautiful to have a little cottage, a place to escape to, just 40 minutes out of the city. We could hear the waves lapping against the banks as we sipped tea on the little deck of our cottage, watching the sunset, the kids playing and laughing in the little valley dip below. Oh it was beautiful. I had finely tunned chimes blowing in the breeze, the windows were open, air blowing through the curtains. There was a swing, hanging from the great maple. Oh it was beautiful. Kayak's and canoes were stored in a little barn near the water's edge. I spent my days currled up on the deck in my pj's with a PD James novel. Oh it was beautiful.

So we called them up. Chad figured since the lot had no sceptic, and no well, and it was 40 minutes out of town, it would run around $15,000, I figured $25,000, so we called. Can you guess? Oh we're young, naive and broke! $100,000. For a piece of land, 40 minutes out of town on a deadbeat street, but with a view $100,000. that view is worth $90,000!! No wonder Chad & I live in a mini home, surrounded by mini homes, and it looks like we just might just need to stay there. I guess we could put bunkbeds in our shed for the kids. Ah, but we're happy! LOL!

No comments: