Monday, October 30, 2006

Halloween

What do you think? Evil? Pure fun? What about historic roots? What about Modern implications?

Wish you could see the awesome cake I made for tomorrow night's Fall Fun Night for the kids at church. I was trying to decide how to decorate it, what shape, animal or whatever my cake should be for the cake walk, when suddenly it hit me, just make a Candy Castle! Wow it is something else. I made it with my cathedral bundt pan and a tin can. I put the tall cake from the tin can, like a tower in the center of my bundt cake then covered it all in French Vanilla Icing. From there I put rows of coloured sour hard candies around the circumfrances of each cake. Big Gum drops on every peek. Big Gum balls around an icy square topped with a Hershey Kiss on top of the tower. Red licorice nib windows, and sprinkles all over. Pretty cool if you ask me!

No comments: