Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Wonderful Snuggly Valentines Day

I have just had the most wonderful snuggly Valentines day. Funny I think, that although I had dated a good bit before meeting Chad I had never been with anyone on Valentines day. I either broke up with them, or they broke up with me prior to Valentines day, or Valentines day urged us into a relationship following the day. (LOL--desperate and lonely?) Anyway, needless to say before Chad I had always been single on Valentines day, and always secreatly, (secreatly being the key word here!) wanted just a box of chocolates or a rose or something from some sort of admirer :) I know, it's pitiful!

Chad & I spent our first Valentines together 3 years ago, having just gotten engaged a little over a week before hand, so engagement was certainly the focus! and then last year Chad spent Valentines with the prayer group at the church (I'm sure the older ladies appreciated it). So this year was our first, "just normal" Valentines. Chad came home early, and I didn't work today and we were going to get ready and go out for a night on the town. We swapped gifts (I got some lovely jewlery!) and I took a shower (I'd been cleaning the house up all day).

After my shower I was really super tired. I sat on the bed for a few minutes trying to gather myself together and Chad came in. "Did you want to take a nap?" he asked. I hated to admit it, but I did, and he did too. So we napped and snuggled the evening away, both of us deciding that the snow should encourage us to stay in and just enjoy being together and not having to run the roads another night. Around 7pm or so we made pancakes and then Chad read me another chapter of The Chronicles of Narnia (we read the first book last winter). An absolutly perfect, non rush-run the roads and be crazy-snuggly Valentines Day.

Moral-Preaching Moment of the Day from Heidi:
For those of you who don't have a man this wonderful in your life-WAIT FOR HIM! and then work at it (and remember to count your blessings--I need to remember more often how lucky I am). For those of you who do, work at it. One thing I am starting to get a handle on in a real way, and not just theory, is that good marriage, fun marriage, takes lots of work.

No comments: