Saturday, February 17, 2007

48 hour moving marathon

Chad & I just returned to Freddyville from my sisters' 48 hour moving marathon, actually now that I think of it it was more like 28 or 30 hours of moving, and of course SOME sleeping did occur last night, SOME being the key words. Parents and grandparents snoring, Chad doing that shudder freaky thing he does when he's overtired in his sleep....

So they just bought their first home in the absolute boonies of....gosh what is that place called? It's farther than Petticodiac, farther than Elgin, farther than Portagevale...anyway it's way out in the woods. (seems to be a theme in my family) It is a lovely place, with a great Masterbedroom loft, massivly high cathedral ceilings and a kitchen that is really to die for. Unfortuanlty it was crazy dirty and they had to clean incessantly for hours. The truck they rented for the day broke down on the road (thankfully prior to loading) so they needed to get another, they missed the landlord with their damage deposit check, and we weren't unloading the truck until well after 8pm last night - oh and did I mention that their new boudoir and drawers were smashed to blithers and bits and they were unable to pick up the new set until tomorrow (today) and she was still waiting for them to deliver when we left after 5pm today. Despite all of this, attitudes prevailed, cleanthliness insued, as well as everything being unloaded last night and most everything unpacked and set up today. Not to mention I got to hang with my cool neice! She's fun!

A crazy marathon, a new home, a fresh start (I could get poetic but I'll spare you today), and some tired bodies. It was nice to share the moment with them though.

No comments: