Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Lemonade escapades and other weekend adventures

It's been another busy bunch of time.

Wow, so much has happened, here's a run down. Chad's Nannie Whitaker from Bar Harbor came up to stay with us for a week (we love having her come visit, she is so much fun!) and the whole Billington-Whitaker-Howell crew took off to PEI for Doug's graduation cermony Mother's Day weekend. We managed to put a good many kilometers on our car the first week we had it and it has treated us so well, God has been good to us. While there we also manged to squeeze in 10 minutes at "Cow's" so I could get an icecream and a baby onesie with "Don't cry over spilled milk" for our little one on the way. I was soooooooo excited about this, you can't even imagine...unless you know me and know how crazy excited I can get about the little things.

Mothers day was that Sunday and it was really strange for me. They always give all the mothers a rose on Mothers day, but I didn't figure I really qualifed yet this year, but someone brought me over a rose...then several people made different comments on the way out...some thinking it was sweet I was a mother, others thinking it was a bit premature, I found it confusing. So I went home and had a nap while Chad got ready for his sermon.

The next Saturday Chad & I attached the house....AGAIN. Basically we finished what we had started a few saturdays ago and got the sparebedoom moved over to the study, the stuff from the study moved around, throw out or put in storage and left an empty baby's room...a blank slate for later creativity. What a huge job! We just kept pushing and pushing until finally at 10pm when I bent over and wasn't so sure my back muscles were going to pull me back up, I decided to hit the sac for the night.

Monday was Angela & Adam's wedding shower. We went down to Mom & Dad's Sunday night after Chad finished preaching. Monday morning Mom fitted me for my bridesmaids dress...which, honestly, I'm wondering how stunning I'm going to look, not because the dress isn't nice...the material is beautiful, the colour is stunning...but I just am sooo big. I don't look pregnant yet, just FAT...anyway that is another ramble altogether. Kaitlyn on the other hand is LOADS of fun! I love that little kid so much! What a blast she had out in the strawberry patches with Grampy, and flowerbeds with Grammie, I got some great pics! The shower was great too. Angela & Adam had a great show of support from family and got some lovely gifts, I think they were pleased.
We came home last night for a lemonade escapade. I sat a glass of lemonday down on the coffee table beside my laptop, sat on the couch and reached for my glass only to knock it over, it went for the floor but I thought I would try to catch it, splattering lemonade all over my keyboard. I gasped and was speechless, Chad heard the gasp and flalling around faster than I could even think he jumped from his seat, hung my laptop upside down and pealed out the battery throwing it on the floor (it is at times like these that I see just how very different we are!) So all night and all day today we left it upside down drying out and praying....

Tonight I am happy to announce, Chad took my computer all apart and it looks like it is fine and is opperating quite well. It was a long day wondering and hoping....although I did manage to do all the laundry, fold and put away, go through a bunch of clothes, disgard and reorganize and spring clean the bedroom, walls, windows etc. in the interm!

So that's up to now....so much going on.....

No comments: