Monday, December 04, 2006

snow day...dec. FOUR

It was a beautiful snowy day today, unfortunatly the snow arrived only after several hours of vomitting and sick stomach misery for me, around 3am this morning. Gross. I hate being sick. Not that anybody much likes it. I haven't been sick much in the last few years, so I guess I was due. So I spent much of the day sleeping, (of course when I did finally get out of bed Chad met me with today's advent present-- scotch tape for more wrapping ) I watched a little t.v. in my jammies, nursing my upset stomach, then I had a long nap this afternoon and I've been feeling tons better since then.

The snow is so beautiful and the flakes were so fluffy today. I love looking out the window and imagining it is a snowglobe of my neighborhood. If only I could paint. I spent some of my sick afternoon on my living room couch watching our neighbor through the window as he shoveled his driveway and played with his very young little girl in the snow. They looked like they were having so much fun! She was all bundled up, hardly able to walk. She would fill her arms with snow and waddle over to her Dad who would pretend he didn't see her coming. She would walk right up to him until she could touch him and then dump the snow on his legs or boots. He would then jump back looking shocked, and she'd run off gleefully to fill her arms with more snow. Made me want to go out and play too.

Tonight Chad & I got our Christmas cards ready to head out the door. I'm quite pleased with our relative promptness on this one!

Well I'm headed to bed, feeling better and hoping to stay that way. Tomorrow will be better. Happy snow day!

No comments: