Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Another Dream Come True!

Now, as many of you would know, I have wanted a piano, or something with really great sound, full hammer action and full keyboard length ever since I moved out from home, nearly 9 years ago. How often I have longed for something to sit down to and express myself in a way I had come to love and find solice, but I was so unhappy with anything I might be able to afford in the keyboard range that I held off, believe that someday, I might be able to buy my own piano.

So this past weekend when a touring company came through Fredericton with a major piano sale, Chad & I decided it would make a fun date night to go up and dream a bit. When we got there, they had some amazing piano's, one German grand was so beautiful and one of the staff played it for us so beautifully. We dreamed a little and left. Always, after doing this, and trust me I've done it for years, leaving empty handed yet again has made me feel like a little part of me died again. I was a little sad when we left to say the least but I just knew there was no way we could afford a piano at this juncture in our lives. So we went for icecream! LOL!

While licking our cones Chad suggested we go to our local music distributor and friends shop "Tony's Music Box" and look around. When we got there Mike helped us look at some really great electric piano's, with good sound, full hammer action and full scale keyboard. He got us a few prices to mull over and then we found this baby.

Mike sat down to show us what it could do, and you'll never guess what he started playing...."Somewhere Over the Rainbow". I couldn't believe it and started laughing! I soon informed him that my mom used to sing that song to me when I was a little girl, and the first time Chad met me I was singing that song at a youth play, and the first movie we saw together it was playing in the soundtrac, and because of this we had decided to have me walk into it on our wedding day! It seemed ironic or something.

I didn't think we were seriously looking at keyboards Friday night, but Chad had other plans in mind. He asked me if I would be happy with this one (I thought he meant down the road) and I said, of course. Then he asked me if I wanted to take it home tonight. Laughing I said again "of course!"
"Ok Mike", he said, "lets do it!"
I couldn't believe it, I'm not sure I still can. But trust me, at 12 midnight when I called my parents in Moncton with the news and played them a piece over the phone, it truly was amazing, another dream come true!

No comments: