Thursday, July 27, 2006

FIRE!

Yeah, so it's true, yesturday I nearly set the house on fire. You know it really isn't an advantage when parents keep their kids out of the kitchen--grunt, I'm such a novice! So last week sometime Chad & I were looking for a quick lunch and he took two of our new potatoes and cooked them up in the microwave. I distinctly recall him saying he put them in for 15 min. So yesturday, quite hungry and wracking my brain for something to eat for lunch I took two little new potatoes, cleaned them off put holes in them and put them in the microwave for 15 min.

Most of you can guess what happened. At the same time I was doing laundry and then the phone rang. After answering the questions from the person who called I hung up and looked up over across the living room towards the loveseat where to my astonishment I saw big billows of smoke. "Oh my gosh! something's on fire behind the couch!" I thought to myself. When I jumped up, I suddenly noticed that the whole house was filled with black smoke! Running to the microwave I saw that all of that smoke was coming from it--billowing out the door. Quickly I opened the microwave, turned it off and observed my lunch. Two tiny black coals. I poked it with my fork and it fell apart, two empty coals.

Needless to say my lunch was ruined, my house smelled like someone had been smoking a chimney in it--all day, and I banned myself from using any household appliances for the remainder of the day. Now this morning I'm going to be making bannana bran chocolate chip muffins, I pray we'll do a better job.

Gotta get that Fire alarm checked too!

No comments: