Monday, August 07, 2006

Blueberry picking

Today was a great day. Chad & I, Shelley, Sharon & Chad's Grammie, headed out around 9:30 this morning for my parents place in Churches Corner near Elgin NB (aka--the woods & mountains of now man's land New Brunswick). We arrived in time for lunch after I showed off the awesome Gordon Falls along the way. Mom had a great lunch made for us, subs and April had made chocolate chip cookies. Trevor & April, Mom & Dad, Angela & Kaitlyn were all there too. We ate up lunch and showed off Mom & Dad's digs and then headed up to the lookout for blueberries!

What a pile of them! Chad & I easily filled between 8 & 10 litres of blueberries in under 2 hours. Everyone did equally well--filling out boots. Because of the strong winds there were few bugs and the cloud cover made for a comfortable day out of the hot sun. It was great!

We returned home for some visiting and lassagna & blueberry cheesecake for dessert--yummy! Of course Kaitlyn was her usual doll-self, I love her so much! And hopefully I got a couple cute pictures of her. Angela had her pictures done for her birthday and I was thrilled to get copies for my wallet and coffee table at home. I love to show off the neices!

We returned home around 9pm, a little tired, but happy and tons of blueberries in tow!

A great Holiday Monday!

No comments: