Monday, January 08, 2007

A Snow Globe morning and a blister

It was snow! I woke up this morning to beautiful fluffy snow! Merry Christmas! a couple of weeks late, but it was pretty. I tore Chad away from the blasted Lego Star Wars and we went for a treck in the snow. I love it when the snow falls all fluffy like that, it makes me think I'm in a snowglobe, like when I was a little girl, imagining worlds away in those little globes.

Needless to say it didn't last, the rain it came and the snow turned to slush, heavy wet slush, hopefully it won't turn cold tonight and turn to ice for tomorrow.

Other than the snow globe walk that resulted in a nasty blister on my left hand foot due to boots that don't fit, the rest of the day was uneventful. I did get some reading in and a nice long bath, how I love a nice long bath. My fingers wrinkled from the water, my feet newly exfoliated thanks to Chad and my Christmas stocking, we had a simple supper and headed in to the Mall after supper. Chad dreamed a little dream of digital camera and I leafed through wedding magazines on my sister's behalf.

It was neat, I ran into a guy I went to school with, Kindergarten through grade twelve, I didn't even know he was in the city. Anyway we did a bit of catch up and conversation came around to occupation and then family. He asked me if I had family, I knew he meant was I married. I told him I'd gotten married a year and a half ago. Naturally we got around to him and he told me he'd done the dating thing but it didn't work out for him and it got me thinking about a conversation Chad & I had the other night about the good guys. This guy, he's a good guy. You can tell that even today, that good guy part of him is still there. He's good looking, well built, intelligent but a good guy and I don't get the impression he wants ultimatly, to be single, yet he is, because he's the good guy. Oh why, girls, don't we see the goldmine in that good guy?

No comments: