Sunday, January 07, 2007

2007

New Years was busy (LOL! What else is new) but good. New Years Eve we had the annual church potluck, which took on a different feel this year with kazoo’s and toilet paper models, so it was “SSC interesting”. More than that I was excited to get on the road for Elgin. Chad and I decided that since we didn’t get down to Elgin over Christmas because my family was all puking their guts out, we would try and make the trip for New Years before he had to head back to work. The roads were great and we were in Elgin by 10:30pm.

It was great playing with Kaitlyn, who was not very interested in going to bed. She showed me her presents under the tree and we had a blast playing with her. She’s such a doll. But the highlight of the night was when Angela came home. Adam had taken her out for a night on the town, a surprise, and we were all thrilled when they came home engaged!

Adam took Angela to the place of their first date and after a long walk in the cold proposed. I am so happy for them! I was so happy to be able to be part of the moment too! It was fun listening to Angela get excited about her new life with Adam and make plans! I will cherish the moment! Looks like a great start to 2007 and a wedding to look forward to in June!

No comments: