Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Our FIRST Anniversary!

Well, we've made it! Year one of being married! In some ways it is so hard to believe, I mean really, once you've been married for a bit it is really hard to remember what it was like not married. In some ways the year has flown by, in other ways it seems like we've been together forever-I don't mean that in a negative way either.

Being married to Chad is a blessing from God. He, is human like everyone else, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt God planned us for each other. Chad's sense of humor, love for God, consideration, education--are all things that I love so much in him. We laugh so much in our house! It is so wonderful to "witness" each other's lives. That, of course, isn't to say we don't have our moments, marriage is hard, working with someone else on everything in your life takes work. But the laughs, the tears, the quiet walks together, the conversations, the silent moments holding hands--they make for a rich life, one I would not change for anything.
So you ask, what did we do on our anniversary? ;) Chad preached in our two morning services and then the church was gracious and gave Chad the evening off from church responsibilities. We came home and had a light lunch and a nap and then headed off to Suwanna Restaurant in St. John. This is an amazing Thai food restaruant where we actually had our first date just a little under 2 years ago. We hadn't been back so it was nice to reminice.

The drive down was much the same as our first date, wet and foggy. We arrived a little early for our reservation so we went and checked out the Reversing Falls which neither of us had seen before and then went to dinner. I have been inspired (Thai food does that to me!) We had this delicious Matussumen (not likely spelled right) which I just moan in pleasure over everytime I eat it, so I'm going to try to make it and Pad Thai, in the next week or so, I'll let you know how it turns out. So we talked, reminising on the good things that happened this past year, and savored our delicious food.

We arrived home, probably around 9pm. When I walked in the kitchen there was a bit present all wrapped up on the table, it hadn't been there when we left. Anyway, I said to Chad "What's this! I thought we'd decided against gifts!" Where we had such a lavish vacation we're trying to cut back a bit now. Anyway, he said to open it and when I did I was sooooooo estatic! It was our wedding album, the finished product, and I must say it is so absolutly beautiful, I would wait another year for it, but I'm glad I don't have to. I poured over it's pages several times, I wish you could all see it, it is truly a work of art. I guess that Mark Orienstein, our photographer FedEXed it to Chad on Friday so he would have it in time for our anniversary. Chad kept it a secreat without even looking at it first, wrapped it up and saved it for us on our 1st anniversary. How special it is! Anyway, with this to end the evening, we had a bit of our wedding cake top which I guess is traditional and called it a wonderful first year. I posted a couple pics to remind us of the day last year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first year and may the next 60 be as exciting and fulfilling for you both. Now I know why you weren't there for back up on Sunday night.