Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A Perfect Day

So I'll admit yesterday was a bit hairy. Busy running, cleaning, emotional, screaming Zoë as I attempt to get out the door, Marriage Course...it was full on, but today, today was perfect. Albeit Zoë woke up at 6am and not her usual happy 7am (better than yesturday's 4:30am though), but she settled in for a feed and stayed in bed until 9:30am, oh bliss! We got up (I had pumpkin pie for breakfast--oh yum!) and got ready for the day. She played while I showered and got ready instead of screaming as has been her habit lately, and then I got her ready in her cutest little sundress and matching bonnet and we were off to meet Daddy for lunch. Chad worked straight today with Flood relief, meetings and doing the Bible Study tonight so Zoë and I met him for a quick picnic lunch. How she adores him! Me too, I've got such a great guy--blessings, blessings, abundent blessings...

After lunch Zoë and I headed up to the Mall. I had a list of 5 things I wanted to pick up and walked around kind of numb in the head and only managed to pick up 2. It wasn't until I got home that I realized all I'd forgotten. Zoë has needles tomorrow so I guess I'll have to do some extra running around. Anyway, that didn't bother me too much.

We came home and I gave Zoë another feed before we headed out to the garden. I've been wanting get in there for days. I don't pretend to have a clue what I'm doing, but I'm so hopeful and excited when ANYTHING grows! So I put Zoë in her bumbo chair on the lawn with some toys and I got to digging up weeds! I'm amazed at how deep some of those roots can go! I'm exited to report a good smattering of lillies are coming up, my bleeding heart has revived from the dead, I see a bit of growth in my miniture rose bush, that yellow flowering bush thing is in full bloom and there are a couple other patches of obvious growth, but I don't have a clue what was planted there. Best of all though, Chad's Grammie Billington's peonise (however you spell THAT) is coming!! I'm so excited and desperately hope it blooms this year!

We spent over an hour and a half digging around and Zoë was telling her stories at the top of her lungs! It was hilarious as neighbors dropped by to see what she was talking about. Her face, of course so expressive as she ranted on about something or other.

We played a bit tonight before her bath, how she loves her bath and sucking her toes, the whole while expressing choruses of "Da da, Da da..." her favorite and first word (with the exception of when she says what sounds so much like hallelujah, LOL).

As my little darling is fast asleep, I think I'm going to make myself some warm milk and read or journal a bit until Chad gets home. What a beautiful day.

No comments: