Monday, April 30, 2007

Progressing from continual naseau to sporadic projectile vomit?

This morning started off interestingly.... after having 2 days 'sans travail' last week with this blasted sinus, chest cold thing and unable to take anything, I thought I was feeling better, although a far cry from my usual self...but will I ever really see that person again? Anyway, I was actually running just a touch early which is exceptionally strange for me considering my absolute distate of early morning, UNTIL I decided to brush my teeth. For some strange reason, was it the baby, the cold-sickness, the orange juice, the toothbrush or the thought of going to work, I don't know but I started vomitting profusely right in the sink with the running water and toothpaste. I mean this was serious stuff, and I hadn't had anything to eat since 4:00 Sunday, so it was just 1/4 cup of orange juice 10 fold. It must have multiplied in there...anyway my 1st trimester of nausea has stopped I'm just hoping that is not opening up the doors to a 2nd trimester of actual vomit. It really is a disgusting thing!

Having said that, I did manage to get to work this morning, and by 10:30 was feeling somewhat human. What a difficult proffesion to be involved in when you're ill though, really, trying to put on a happy face and teach all these impressionable children, yikes it can be tough stuff!

I made it through the day, came home had some supper and nearly lost it down the sink again and then started playing the piano. It was wonderful! I haven't just stopped and played the piano in so long. What a wonderful way to spend 1 hour 1/2! I haven't felt this refreshed (spiritually) in a long time. How wonderful to just sit peacefully in His pressence, singing and playing for just Him and me.

I am suprised at how much I'm missing Chad, don't get me wrong, I knew I'd miss him, it's just that being quite self sufficient and independant, living on my own for years and I think, ah well, I can handle it, and I can but...I prefer not to. Life with Chad is good, it's great actually. I couldn't have imagined a better husband and friend. He loves me like I never imagined anyone would, he makes me laugh constantly, he loves God wholeheartedly, and he just makes my everyday better. It is sad that it takes him going away for a week to really remind me, or at least make it more obvious to me. I am anxious to have him back home with me (he flies in Thursday night). I am at the same time so excited for this opportunity for him and so anxious to hear all of his stories. At present he is at some retreat in the mountains of Calgary, I imagine it is beautiful and he isn't able to contact me, but I spoke with him Saturday night/Sunday morning at 1am and he had lots to share. Pray for him, that God would speak to him in a special way, if you think of it...

Well I should really head to bed, am I cautious to have more water before bed because I'll have to get up in the night to pee, but at the same time I've been soooooo thirsty! ah the dilema! Tomorrow I've got cleaning, laundry and a sleep in in the works, oh and grocery shopping! sounds like a day eh? and maybe I'll make some more time for me and God at the piano.... tootles for now!

No comments: