Saturday, March 18, 2006

Hardly an appendage!

Today was great, and so encouraging! I must admit as a new Pastor's Wife it can be kinda rough at times, dealing with people's expectations, trying to figure out what all of this life in ministry thing should look like, or at least DOES look like. But today was great.

I will admit it, I wasn't exactly looking forward to the District meeting of Pastor's & their wives today ~ remarkably (remarkably because I'm not easily intimidated) I get rather intimidated at these things~ feeling like I don't "fit" or measure up. But I think I'm starting to get comfortable in my own shoes now, well my new shoes with the Pastor's Wife insoles!

How encouraging it was to talk with others in ministry and get to know some different folks. There is this misconception that Pastor's wives are quiet, demure appendages but I find the more women I get to know who are married to pastors, the more I realize that many (dare I say most?) are the exact opposite of this! They are outstandingly strong women, opinionated, pillars who believe whole heartidly in the love and grace of God and long to be accepted as themselves only, women who love God above all else, desire and give their lives to see others experience His grace, support, love and yes, challenge their husbands, have desires, opinions (it's true!), motivations and ministries of their own along with their ministries with their husbands, and can be (just like anyone) a pile of fun to hang out with!

I am encouraged.

We also watched a video from Willow Creek Ministries by Bill Hybels giving leaders tips on how to lead~ this was excellent! I'm certainly going to type up the notes I took because they are applicable not only to leading in God ministry but are also really applicable for teaching. If you are a leader you might want to check out more info at
http://www.growingleadership.com . I can't wait to go to their telecast conference in Moncton this August!

No comments: