Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Kaitlyn's 2nd Birthday

Kids birthday's are just so much fun! Especially when they are your neice's. So Kaitlyn turned 2 last week. Hard to believe. She's so much fun, we were really looking forward to going down for her birthday party this past weekend.

Friday afternoon we drove down and picked ourselves up a Hungry Man's Supper (yes, Chad was so excited for his 1 pound of frozen food!), then I took a nap when we arrived in Elgin. Mom & Dad were later coming home so while Chad prepared for her sermon Sunday, I lazed around. When Mom & Dad arrived home, they had a Hummer with them. Dad was dreaming a bit I guess and wanted to see what it was like offroading. Chad had never been up to the top of the mountain to see the lights so we went for an Elgin icecream and then headed up to see the lights. It's actually really neat, you can see the Petticodiac lights, the Salisbury Big Stop lights and Moncton lights all from atop this mountain by the grave yard. Dad told us ghost stories of the area (heavily embellished by him) on the drive up and on the drive down (keep in mind it's close to midnight and pitch black on a country road) we saw this light down in the ditch/cliff thing. So Dad & Chad decide they need to go check it out and see if there is someone lying half dead down the ditch or something...no such luck (?). We went back home and Dad & Chad stayed out stargazing (how romantic- I saw a shooting star!) while I entertained Mom as she finished up Kaitlyn's poncho she was making her.

Ok so truth be told we stayed up until close to 2am while Mom finished it, but it was gorgeous, and if you know my Mom at all (and Chad informs me the apple doesn't fall far from the tree), late night projects symbolize so many special events and gifts of love throughout my lifetime!

Saturday morning arrived early enough after such a late night. We drove in town for Kaitlyn's party and she was anxious to show off her new "big girl bed". This was her major birthday gift and she loves having the room to move around, and of course the ability to crawl out of bed and poke Mom in the shoulder in the middle of the night!

She loved opening her gifts, although it became apparent that opening one gift and then moving on to the other to play later, just is a really strange concept, especially when you're 2!

My baby was kicking up a storm inside of me and every time April put her hand to my belly the baby would kick it so hard April's hand would jump! it was funny, I've never seen the baby react so much to someone's hand on my stomach! So April decided she should explain to Kaitlyn that Aunt Heidi had a baby in her belly. She took Kaitlyn's hand and put it on my belly hoping the baby would kick and Kaitlyn would feel it, but no luck. So April continues explaining about the baby in belly. Kaitlyn took the bottom of my shirt and tried to pull it up. I patted it back down and said I thought we'd keep my shirt down and then Kaitlyn started crying, great big aligator (however you spell that) tears. We couldn't figure what was upsetting her so much, she kept saying "Baby, Juicy, Baby Juicy". April & I kept staring at each other trying to figure out what was upsetting her so much, until Mom (with the most earnest look on her face) looks at me and says "Heidi, she wants you to give the baby a juicy! Now keep in mind my Mom would give Kaitlyn the moon if she could and you might be able to conjure up the look on her face as she said this to me. Just as serious I reply "But, but Mom...I can't give the baby a juicy", then and yes only then, does the hilariousness of the situation actually strike both of us (keep in mind we had very little sleep the night before) and we start laughing with absolutly no control, tears pouring down our faces. Poor Kaitlyn she didn't know what to make of it all.

All that said, Kaitlyn is now 2 and as cute and wonderful as always. We headed out for home after quite the feed at supper time finding it hard to believe that our little neice is now 2 years old. Wow, how these 2 years have flown by.

And Savanna is next! 2 comes for her in just a couple of days!

No comments: