Wednesday, August 08, 2007

just another "ORDINAARY Heidi-day"

Yesturday I headed into the doctor's office to check out the swelling, blood pressure etc. issue from the weekend, that left me looking like Voldemort from Harry Potter with my red-slit eyes. There my doctor having gone over all my information said that it looked like some fluke sick thing over the weekend but he wanted to monitor my blood pressure and swelling for a few days to make sure nothing wonky was going down and they'd do a urine analysis. So ok, I guess that's fine, I just LOVE hanging out at emerge for days on end having funny tests run on me!

Well I thought I got started on the right foot today, until it came to breakfast (oh right that's not so far along is it?) Anyway, Chad was in a rush to get to Staff meeting and I had to go into Emerge for a blood pressure test etc. so he had made me some toast with peanut butter and LOADS of strawberry jam, for the road. I hope in the car, demon possesed eyes just a gleeming in my burnt orange shirt and slop, the whole thing right on my shirt, litterally the toast was clinging to my shirt. It was really quite disgusting. Chad contained himself as I quickly got changed and we headed in (he was only 4 minutes late, I thought that wasn't bad considering).

Then I went to Emerge, I wasn't exactly sure how it would work, I knew they told me to page my doctor who would come and take my blood pressure. So I did that, but they actually gave me the whole yellow band and everything treatment. Then I waited. My doctor arrived and checked my blood pressure and swelling which was great and told me my urine analaysis came back and the protein that had been showing was not a problem. Great! I think, off scott free! (well with the exception of the demon-eyes). Then he tells me the big old BUT. But they found sugar in my urine (or as I told Cherri today, urine in my pee--I really am loosing my mind) and he wanted to monitor this now. Even though I passed my sugar diabetes test 2 weeks ago, he thinks it's best we do it again and be sure. *sigh* I don't get it, what's the deal, lets just get over this hump and carry on people! Don't get me wrong I'm glad he's watching things, especially if there is trouble, it just seems like such a waste of time having these little problems, and it's hard not feeling like a looser, like you did something wrong...

So thats ok, I did a little work this morning, had lunch with Chad and then came home to do laundry and pack up for Willow Creek Conference and I'm left to face my peanut butter and jelly smeared burnt orange shirt, and I start gagging at the smell of it as I try to wash it out abit before I put it in the wash....and I can't help thinking to myself, is it not a bit of a freak of nature thing that I, ME, HEIDI DAWN CARSON BILLINGTON, and 7 months pregnant and going to be a Mom. I mean really, I know I'll love this baby to bits and do my darndist, but when it comes to general mothering skills, do I have what it takes? I mean I can't even keep the whites of my eyeballs white, and the sugar out of my pee, not to mention wash the peanut butter and jelly out of my shirt! What am I thinking! But thankfully you don't need a degree in peanut butter and jelly management to have a child, we'll just love him or her to death and pray he or she grows up smarter than us and can at least make fun of us a bit!

No comments: