Tuesday, July 24, 2007

2 years married

It's our 2nd anniversary can you believe it! Chad spoiled me rotten this year (I don't mind at all though, lol!) About a month ago we finally found a China pattern we both loved, so we wrote down the name and hoped over the years to aquire a piece or two along the way, China is soooo expensive! Anyway Chad knew how much I wanted some China for our special dinners and stuff and this morning I woke up to a tea cup from our China set for our anniversary (Chad informs me that 2nd year of marriage is the China anniversary). I was soo sooo excited, for me this meant we were actually going to work at getting pieces over time and he was on board with the idea! I was so happy. So after oooing for a bit I went and had my shower, he had his and then came into the bedroom and asked me what I would think if he had another present for me.

I wasn't sure if he was teasing or not, the china tea cup was so much anyway and we don't have much money for presents, but at the same time if he did have something else I didn't want him to not give it to me or take it back or something! So I told him as much and then he brought out another Royal Dalton box with the 3 other plates in it! I was soooo sooooo soooooo excited, and I thought he'd gone off his rocker spending so much money, and I couldn't figure out how he had spent so much when I take care of the money coming in and going out!

I carefully walked out to the kitchen to set it all up on the table to see what it looked like with our flatwear and crystal wine glasses! When I turned around he had put my favorite piece of all down on top of the plate, the soup bowl. (take a look at how pretty it is! It's my favorite!) I was soooo overwhelmed and I love love love it! Since we found the set a month or so ago he's been putting a little bit down on layaway every chance he got, if he picked up groceries that cost $14 he said it cost $20, when he got his milage check from the church he didn't tell me about it and put it down on the dishes and then his camera he bought in April went on Sale and he got the difference back, and didn't tell me and put it down on the dishes! He's been hard at work for me to know nothing about it!



When I stopped gawking long enough, we packed up and headed to Woolastook for a picnic and swim. What a great time we had! We had a yummy picnic then Chad laid down for a nap, and I tried, but man it is really impossible to get comfortable lying on the hard ground when you're 6 months pregnant! So I sat up an read until he woke up and we went for a swim. Woolastook is great, not only is it where we got engaged, but it seems people have kind of forgotten it exists and there weren't very many people there. I decided against jumping off the bridge (seems I've lost a bit of my daring personality with my pregnancy) but we had a great time. We stopped in to visit Chad's Grammie in Upper Kingsclear on the way home and then headed home to clean up and go out for dinner.

We went to this new little Italian place down on King Street. The decor is great and the food was awesome too! We had this snowcrab warm dip thing for appetizer, and then split this bell pepper, garlic, olive oil, rosemary, basil angelhair pasta thing-- it was sooo great! For dessert we ordered this warm chocolate ravioli (however you spell that!) stuffed with cream cheese--- oh my! I can not adequatly express to you how wonderful it was! AND because it was our anniversary they gave us the dessert on the house! We were both completly impressed with the place and will definitly go again and it wasn't that pricey! They have these $5 salads on their lunch menu that look great! and you can go and try their cheeses and fruit for just $5 as well. Sounds like we need another visit there!

After that we walked along the river for awhile before I had to pee too much to keep going. What a great anniversary. The day was absolutly perfect.

No comments: