Sunday, April 09, 2006

Thinking about Jesus today

Today I am thinking about Jesus. In so doing I have realized how often when things spiritual cross my mind, that it has little to do with Jesus. More to do with my situations, friends' situations, loved ones' situations, my breaking heart... more of me calling out to Jesus/God for help, less of me thinking about who Jesus was and remains.

Perhaps it is because it is Palm Sunday, but I can't help but think of this man, my God and Savior. If we could only strip away all of the religion, church doctrine, and look at Jesus.... Look at him on Palm Sunday, 2000+ years ago, being carried through the streets of Jerusalem so aware of the near future and how different it would be from that moment. So loudly they adored and praised Him yet in a few days they would be the ones who would scoff and mock him, and eventually kill Him.

How often am I like this? Praising Him, adoring Him yet the next day, or even sometimes hours later doing things, being involved in situations which spit in the face of who He truly is.
Lord reduce me to Your love, draw me to my knees, remind me of who I am without You, guide me to follow You, not church, not spiritual leaders, but You Lord Jesus. Show me a glimpse of uncut, unedited, unmodified YOU!

No comments: