Sunday, December 20, 2009

Heidi Fest PT 3- The Gift of Relationship

Saturday morning was my Community Group Gals Christmas Brunch. This group is super special. Busy women who are hungry for some "real" relationships with other women and a deeper relationship with God. We meet every other week because of child care difficulties and crazy work schedules etc. but every meeting is such an uplifting and encouraging experience we always leave wanting more. The gals put together an "An Old Age Preparedness Kit" for me. They had just a bit too much fun I think. There were crazy eye glasses, bright red shinny lip gloss(because what crazy old lady can't have bright obnoxiously red lips!), an "it's my birthday I'll cry if I want to" hankie, oatmeal, Epsom salts, a 30 blinking birthday button, Ensure etc. Foolish, yes, Fun yes. I am thankful to have these really awesome women in my life to celebrate with, or morn perhaps, depending on how I end up looking at things!
I am blessed!

No comments: